Erwin Electric is proud to serve the City of Tampa in conjunction with CDM Constructors, Inc. on the David L. Tippin Water Treatment Facility. Built in 1924 as Tampa’s original water treatment plant the facility was recently restored to its original Moorish-Spanish décor.
In 2008, The David L. Tippin Water Treatment Facility received the Partnership for Safe Water Ten-Year Directors Award for their ongoing commitment to improving water quality beyond the current regulatory requirements.
While the architecture of Tampa’s original water treatment plant has been preserved, the treatment process continues to change and improve as technology advances. Currently, Erwin Electric has begun working on modification to the Ozone Contactor Chamber and related ancillary improvements. These improvements include installing new breakers, control panels, and VFDs including conduit and wire terminations. We will also be modifying the existing grounding and lightning protection systems, removing and replacing outdoor soffit-mounted, wall-mounted and pole-mounted light fixtures.
It is an honor to be able to work in an American Water Landmark, which houses Florida’s only municipally-owned, state-certified, complete drinking water laboratory ensuring that Tampa’s water quality exceeds all State and Federal standards. The David L Tippin Water Treatment Facility produces about 90 percent of the 65 million gallons of water per day that is consumed by Tampa Water Department customers.