Safe Work Practices *Safety First*
- Safety First
- January 2, 2020
To ensure the greatest possible protection for employees in the workplace, the cooperative efforts of both employers and employees will help in establishing and maintaining a safe and healthful work environment.
Erwin Electric will provide to each field employee a Hard Hat, Safety Glasses and a pair of basic work gloves. Additional PPE (including earplugs, fall protection and hot gloves) are available as needed.
Employees working in areas where there is a possible danger of head injury from impact, or from falling or flying objects, or from electrical shock and burns, shall be protected by protective helmets.
• ALL COMMERCIAL JOBSITES
• ALL RESIDENTIAL JOBSITES DURING ROUGH-IN STAGE
• ALL JOBSITES WHERE SCAFFOLDING IS PRESENT
• ALL JOBSITES WHERE WORK IS BEING DONE OVERHEAD
• WHILE WORKING ON OR NEAR EXPOSED ENERGIZED PARTS
• ANY JOBSITE DEEMED “HARDHAT SITE”
Safety spectacles are intended to shield the wearer’s eyes from impact hazards such as flying fragments, objects, large chips, and particles. Workers are required to use eye safety spectacles with side shields when there is a hazard from flying objects. Non-side shield spectacles are not acceptable eye protection for impact hazards.
• ALL EMPLOYEES MUST WEAR SAFETY GLASSES WHILE WORKING. IF YOUR TOOLS ARE ON – SO ARE YOUR SAFETY GLASSES!
Employees must wear ear plugs when exposed to noise from loud tools such as air nailers, saws, and drills. If it is necessary for you to speak in a very loud voice, or shout directly into the ear of a person to be understood, it is likely that the noise level is high enough to require hearing protection.
Gloves must be worn whenever your hands are at risk of lacerations, abrasions, chafing or punctures. Make sure they cover hands completely with a snug, but not uncomfortable, fit. Specifically:
• WORKING WITH SHARP OR ROUGH MATERIAL
• WORKING WITH PULLING ROPE